Skip Navigation

Go
Species Search:
Ask an Expertthreatened and/or endangered

Ladybugs

By accident one day, I ate a ladybug, well I Squished it in my mounth and removed it when felt something funny. But since this time, I have been getting hives and my doctors can not figure it out! Could this almost swallowed ladybug have done something to me or do parasites live on their backs that I could of eaten? A doctor told me that parasites could cause hives, but it would have to be something I have eaten. Can you help me on any information on these little critters? Just trying!

Wildlife Expert - David Herlocker

I think you should see an allergist. Some people are allergic to ladybugs, this is far more likely than the remote possibility that you are reacting to a parasite. Read the accounts in the link below to learn more.

Additional information on the web:
New Search
 

 

 

2007 eNature.com